An eye tattoo is probably one of the most controversial designs one plans to have on his skin. Why? Let’s admit it, it’s a bit creepy. But did you know that in spite of that scary look, it is actually meaningful, especially depending on your chosen design? Here are some popular eye tattoo designs that you can choose from:
- Eye of Horus: also known as Eye of Ra, is an ancient Egyptian symbol that signifies protection, good health and royal power. Some say, in some cases, it can also mean vengeful wrath.
- Third Eye: this has several meanings such as inner wisdom, insight, enlightenment and clarity, and if you are into Yoga, it also signifies the Third Chakra. This third eye tattoo is most popular for Hindus, Indians and Buddhists.
- Eye of Providence: referred to as “All Seeing Eye” and “Eye of God,” the Eye of Providence is composed of a realistic eye, enclosed in a triangle with sun rays. It represents God’s eye watching over His children.
If you plan to have an eye tattoo, here are some terrific ideas to choose from.
21 Amazing and Meaningful Eye Tattoo
1. Vines and Rose with Eye Tattoo Colorful Idea
2. Realistic Eye with Feathers Tattoos
3. Realistic 3D Colorful Eye Tattoo on Arm Inspiration
4. Never Look Back
5. Eye of Ra Tattoo
6. Mandala Eye Tattoo
7. I’m Still Fond of You
8. Flower with Eye on Middle Tattoo on Wrist
9. Eye of Providence Tattoo
10. Flower, Dream Catcher and Third Eye Tattoo
11. Third Eye Tattoo with Petals
12. Eye with Deer Tattoo
13. Eye Tattoo with Clock and Roman Numerals
14. Eye Tattoo on Foot with Petals and Leaves
15. Eye of Horus on Finger
16. Eye of Providence Tattoo on Lower Arm
17. Dramatic Third Eye with Clock and Roman Numerals Tattoos
18. Eye of Providence Tattoo on Chest
19. Blue Eye Tattoo with Amazing Details
20. Eye of Horus
21. All Seeing Eye Tattoo with Crescent Moon
Is it Painful to get a Tattoo?
Having a tattoo, in general, can be painful, but will mostly depend on your tolerance and as to which body part you’d like to have it etched. The most painful parts are the areas where you feel ticklish, like your armpit, lower rib and groin areas. If you are new, you can have your eye tattoo on arm or thigh.
You can also prepare yourself before the procedure so as to lessen the pain. Here are some tips before you get a tattoo:
- Do not drink alcohol, OTC painkillers and caffeine because these will make your blood thinner.
- Drink lots of water so you will be more hydrated so that your skin will accept the ink better.
- Have ample nutrients as this will increase your body’s stamina.
- Sleep at least 8 hours before you visit your tattooist.
- Take a break. If you can no longer handle the pain, let your tattooist know so that you can take a rest, especially if you are having a huge eye tattoo.
Time to have an Eye Tattoo
Eye tattoo is definitely a great design you can have on your skin. Be positive about it and you will attract good vibes afterwards. Choose a good tattoo artist who has ample skill and talent in order for you to achieve the best eye tattoo design, eliminating chances of getting into trouble in the long run.