Ready to go through another ink adventure? A butterfly tattoo is definitely a good choice. The design is limitless, you can have something big or small, colored or black, and it can even be accompanied with other tattoo designs such as flowers and other insects, once you want to venture on another session with your trusted tattooist.
A butterfly is a winged type of insect that has been associated with serenity and transformation. Most people acquire a butterfly tattoo to represent the changes they have attained, or to signify how they have surpassed a tragic moment that has molded them to become a better version of themselves. Like a butterfly that starts as a caterpillar, waits for several days being a cocoon, and evolves to a beautiful insect with wings, most people admire how the transformation goes, and associate it with how their lives were and how beautiful they are now as a whole.
A butterfly tattoo is a wonderful choice. Although some thinks it’s perfect for women, well, men can have it, too. Just alter the design, maybe incorporate skulls and other elements that will make it more manly, and voila! It can surely accentuate everyone while depicting its meaning.
Here are some amazing butterfly tattoos that you might want to have etched on your skin.
110 Amazingly Beautiful Butterfly Tattoos for Everyone
1. Yellow and Black with a Touch of Violet Butterfly Arm Tattoo
2. Watercolor Butterfly Tattoo
3. Violet Butterfly with Semi Colon Body Tattoo
4. Violet and Green 3D Butterfly Tattoo
5. Very Small Red with Touch of Yellow Tattoo
6. Two Small, Detailed Butterfly Tattoos on Arm
7. Magical Butterfly on Neck Tattoo
8. Shoulder Small Butterfly Tattoo
9. Two Pretty Butterfly Tattoos
10. Two Magical Butterflies with Anchor Tattoo
11. Two Butterflies and One Flower Ear Tattoo
12. Two Black Butterfly Tattoo on Right Upper Back
13. Gorgeous Blue Butterfly Tattoo
14. Tiny Butterfly on Hand Tattoo
15. Fantastic Stomach Butterfly Tattoo
16. Tiny Butterfly Neck Tattoos
17. Tiny Blue Butterfly on Wrist Tattoo
18. Tiniest Butterfly on Wrist Tattoo
19. Three Small Sleeve Butterfly Tattoo
20. Three Small Butterflies with Swirls Tattoo
21. Three Butterflies on Wrist Tattoo
22. Three Black Butterfly Outline on Shoulder
23. Small Three Yellow, Green and Blue Butterflies Tattoo
24. Small Butterfly Wrist Tattoo
25. Small Butterfly Tattoo
26. Small Butterfly on Upper Back Arm Tattoo
27. Small Butterfly on Middle Finger Tattoo
28. Small Butterfly on Lower Leg Tattoo
29. Small Butterfly on Arm Tattoo
30. Small Butterfly Best Friend Tattoos
31. Small Butterflies on Thigh Tattoo
32. Small Butterfly on Side Tattoo
33. Small Blue Tattoo Butterfly on Ear
34. Small Blue Glitter Henna Tattoo
35. Small Blue Butterfly Tattoo Under Breast
36. Small Blue Butterfly Inspiration Tattoo
37. Small Black Butterfly with Shadow Tattoo
38. Small Black Butterfly Tattoo on Chest
39. Small Black Butterfly Tattoo
40. Small Beautiful Butterfly on Foot Tattoo
41. Cute Butterfly Tattoo
42. Simple Butterfly Outline for Women Named Lucy
43. Simple Black Butterfly Tattoo
44. Semi Colon Butterfly Tattoo
45. Red Flower with Small Blue Butterfly Tattoo
46. Red Butterfly with Swirls Tattoo
47. Couple Butterfly Tattoo on Arm
48. Red Butterfly on Chest Tattoo
49. Pretty Green Butterfly Tattoo
50. Pink Wrist Butterfly Tattoo
51. Pink Upper Back Tattoo Butterfly
52. Pink Butterfly with Swirls and Sparkles Tattoos
53. Pink Butterfly with Shadow Tattoo
54. Pink Butterfly with Quote Tattoo for Best Friends
55. Pink Butterfly Tattoo
56. Pink Butterfly on Chest Tattoo
57. Pink Butterfly Ankle Tattoo
58. Pink and Violet Three Butterfly Tattoos
59. Pink and Blue Small Butterfly Tattoos
60. Orange Small Butterfly Tattoo
61. Orange Butterfly with Heart Tattoo
62. Orange Butterfly Tattoo with Blue Sparkles
63. Orange Butterfly on Middle Finger Tattoo
64. Orange and Black Butterfly on Lower Arm Tattoo
65. Live, Laugh and Love Butterfly Tattoo
66. Le Papillon Butterfly Tattoo
67. Infinity with One Butterfly Tattoo
68. Infinity Butterfly Tattoo
69. Gray, Yellow and Black Butterflies on Foot Tattoo
70. Geometric Butterfly Tattoo on Arm
71. Geometric Butterfly Tattoo
72. Geometric Butterfly on Back Tattoos
73. Five Black Butterfly Tattoos
74. Dandelion with Many Small Butterflies Tattoo
75. Cute Colorful Butterfly with Detailed Design Tattoo
76. Colorful Butterfly Tattoo on Neck
77. Colorful Butterfly Side Tattoo
78. Colorful Butterfly Foot Tattoo
79. Butterfly Tattoo on Foot
80. Butterfly with Vine Tattoo
81. Butterfly with Red Flower Tattoo Designs
82. Butterfly with Hanging Gems Tattoo
83. Butterfly with Cherry Blossoms Tattoo
84. Butterfly Tattoo on Side Wrist
85. Butterfly Stomach Tattoo
86. Butterfly on Back Arm Tattoo
87. Butterfly Neck Tattoo
88. Butterflies on Spine Tattoo
89. Butterflies on Neck Tattoo
90. Butterfly Tattoo on Chest for Women
91. Blue Small Butterfly with Swirls Tattoo
93. Blue Butterfly on Wrist Tattoo
94. Blue Butterfly on Back Tattoo
95. Black Wrist Tattoo Butterfly Design
96. Black Wrist Butterfly Tattoo
97. Black Upper Back Butterfly Tattoo
98. Black Tiny Simple Butterfly Tattoo
99. Black Side Tattoo Butterfly with Roman Numerals
100. Black Shoulder Butterfly Tattoo
101. Black Butterfly with Roses on Side Tattoo
102. Black Butterfly with Geometric Lines on Back Tattoo
103. Black Butterfly Tattoo Outline
104. Black Butterfly Tattoo on Arm
105. Black Butterfly on Arm Tattoo
106. Black Beautiful Butterfly Tattoo with Swirls
107. Best Friend Butterfly Tattoos on Hand
108. Beautiful Black Henna Butterfly Tattoo
109. Butterfly on Lower Shoulder Tattoo
110. 3D Colorful Butterfly Tattoo on Wrist
Preparing for a Butterfly Tattoo
If it is your first time, you have to be very much prepared before you go through the actual procedure. First, it is important to find a reputable and skilled tattooist who has the capabilities to provide you the exact design you have planned to obtain. There are a lot of tattooists, unfortunately, some are not really talented, and may come up with a design far from what you want to have. Seek feedbacks from previous customers or ask someone you know who has a tattoo so you can assess how a particular tattooist handles his clients. Additionally, truth be told, there are risks that you may acquire when you have chosen the wrong tattooist. Diseases and infection may happen, so you have to visit the shop and see the equipment that is being used. Make sure that they thoroughly clean everything, discard needles, and make use of a new one so as to keep you safe from any harm.
Once you have found the right tattooist, it is now time to prepare yourself. Thoroughly assess yourself if you really want to have something etched on your skin because you have to live with it forever. Are you ready to flaunt it or not? The area where you will have your butterfly tattoo must also be considered. If you want to keep it private, placing it on your stomach or under breast can be your best option. If you want to flaunt it so other people may appreciate the art, you can have it on your wrist, arm or leg.
Now it’s time to prepare your body! You have to make sure that you get ample rest by sleeping at least 8 hours a day so as to acquire the necessary energy. This will make your body handle the pain better. We know you’re excited, but failure to get adequate sleep can affect your wellbeing while going through the procedure. Another thing that you need to keep in mind is that you need to be hydrated well. Drink 3 liters of water a day so as to make your skin softer and suppler. Lastly, do not take ibuprofen. You may think that the medicine will help you lessen the pain, but the truth is it will not. It causes blood thinning, therefore, you‘ll bleed more and feel pain much worse.
Congrats on your new butterfly tattoo. We’re not done yet – you need to know all the aftercare procedures that you need to do to ensure that you won’t get an infection or will ruin that beautiful skin art.
- It is now time to drink your pain relievers so it will lessen the excruciating pain.
- Wash your hands before touching your tattoo.
- Remove the bandage that was placed by your tattooist 2-3 hours after the procedure. Do not place a bandage once again.
- Wash your tattoo using an antibacterial soap. Gently pat it dry using a soft cloth.
- Apply antibacterial cream, such as Neosporin, A&D or whatever was given to you by your tattooist, 3 to 5 times a day during the first 3 days.
- Always wear clean clothes, preferably something made of cotton.
- Do not remove the scabs as soon as it starts healing.
- Apply lotion during the first 2 weeks.
We hope you have helped you towards your journey of acquiring a butterfly tattoo. You can check out our forum in case you have questions, or browse more of our contents if you want to have other choices of a tattoo, such as a small sunflower or dove tattoo.
Hey readers! I’m Jeffrey and your tattoo artist of the day;) I have been drawing and painting my whole life, and after graduating high school I decided it was time for a bigger challenge and I started drawing on people. I’m so fortunate I got to express my creativity through my body art and even more so to share my passion with my now wife Emilie. She started working with me in my tattoo shop as a piercer and I started writing about and photographing, my creations on this blog. I love to hear from you and hope you enjoy our work together!