A diamond tattoo has been regarded as a “lucky charm.” Many people believe that having it on your body will provide you blessings and help you attract positive energy in different aspects, such as on your career, love or health. It also symbolizes immunity from destruction and protects you from the past, present and future mishaps. Because of these reasons, it has been one of the most popular tattoo designs that are being requested from tattooists.
There are many designs to choose from, depending on your preferences. There are 3D diamond tattoos – colored and intricately designed to make it more realistic. There are also those simple designs that are perfect for people who are new to tattooing, lessening the pain that could possibly be felt. There are also some designs that are being incorporated in other designs, accentuating the art that is being imprinted on one’s skin, such as a flower and a diamond that is one of the most requested designs by enthusiasts.
Preparing for a Diamond Tattoo
Before you visit a tattooist, there are several things that must be considered in order for you to acquire the best diamond tattoo that will make you feel contented and happy. If it is your first time, you have to really go through all these guidelines in order for you to be sure whether you really want your skin inked, or not.
- Having a tattoo may be painful. Although it depends on a person’s tolerance, the majority of the people feel pain while undergoing the procedure. Most often, the pain varies based on the location of the tattoo. Areas such as hands, wrists, head, and face are the most painful, as these have thin skins and very close to the bone. If it is going to be your first time, place your diamond tattoo on the areas where there are more fats (except for your inner thighs and underarm flaps), as these will be your first line of defense against the pain, such as your breast (for women), biceps, forearms and outer top of your thighs.
- Choose an artist very well. Make sure that you only trust a reputable one – someone who has years of experience and have gone through ample training so as to be guaranteed that he can efficiently deliver the design that you want to be achieved.
- Drink plenty of water. Your skin must be on its healthiest condition. It can help you withstand the pain and help heal the wound quicker. No alcohols, please!
- You have to make sure that you have ample “fuel” before the session if you do not want to pass out because of too much hunger and nervousness.
- A month before your session, you have to understand that the area should be on its perfect condition, therefore, no tanning and chemical peels must be done. The area should also not have scrapes and cuts, as these will affect the result and its healing capabilities.
37 Diamond Tattoo Ideas
Now, if you are ready for your diamond tattoo, here are some inspirations that you might want to look at if you have not chosen one yet.
1. 3D blue diamond tattoo with shadow
2. Another 3D Diamond Tattoo, now in color black.
3. Colorsplash on this amazing diamond tattoo!
4. Violet and green splashed diamond tattoo
5. Silvery-white diamond tattoo
6. A small one on the wrist
7. Black — definitely elegant
9. Diamond tattoos on the foot
10. Galaxy-themed tattoo on the back
11. Rose, dices and diamond tattoos
12. As a ring
13. Rose and diamond
14. Fire around the tattoo
15. Solid diamond tattoo
16. Owl holding a diamond tattoo
17. Roses and jewelries
18. Jaguar print, crowns and diamonds
19. 3D galaxy design
21. The hardest heart, ever.
22. Another 3D design
23. Ribbon, crown and diamond tattoo
24. Keep on shining!
25. Diamond on back of the ear
26. Blue with waves and sparkles
27. Green and blue – perfection!
28. Hot diamond tattoo location, isn’t it?
29. Perfect and bleeding diamond tattoos
30. Arrow design
31. Realistic diamonds – such a pretty tattoo!
32. Diamonds and tattoo quotes
33. Crown and diamonds – signify leadership
34. Bloody red on foot
35. 3D bloody red diamond tattoo
36. Small pink diamond tattoo
37. Diamond arrow tattoo
Diamond Tattoo Aftercare
Proper aftercare procedures for your diamond tattoo is very important to save yourself from infection and help you recuperate even better. These also ensure that your tattoo will look perfectly, without being affected by damages caused by the aggravated skin condition. Here are some aftercare tips that you must keep in mind:
- Take off the bandage that has been placed on top of your tattoo once you reach home. Do not replace it.
- Wash it using antibacterial soap and gently pat it dry using a soft cotton cloth.
- Apply an antibacterial cream on the first 3 to 4 days of your tattoo. Make sure that your hands are clean.
- When the tattoo starts to peel, do not scrape it off so as to not freshen up the wounds.
- Never soak your tattoo for the first 2 weeks – you are not allowed to go on swimming or have a warm tub bath.
A diamond tattoo is definitely a must-try! It is not just a form of embellishment, it can also help you express yourself, especially if you love anything vibrant, expensive and sturdy, as a diamond tattoo signifies all these. It is a very meaningful tattoo for many people with an impactful story behind it.
Hey readers! I’m Jeffrey and your tattoo artist of the day;) I have been drawing and painting my whole life, and after graduating high school I decided it was time for a bigger challenge and I started drawing on people. I’m so fortunate I got to express my creativity through my body art and even more so to share my passion with my now wife Emilie. She started working with me in my tattoo shop as a piercer and I started writing about and photographing, my creations on this blog. I love to hear from you and hope you enjoy our work together!